Canada India Foundation (“CIF”) is pleased to announce that the recipient of the CIF Chanchlani Global Indian Award will be Deepak Chopra. He is one of the world’s leading thinkers on human empowerment and has been heralded as one of the Top 100 Heroes & Icons of the Century by Time Magazine.
CIF created the CIF Chanchlani Global Indian Award to recognize an individual who demonstrates global leadership, vision and professional excellence, which has made people of Indian origin around the globe proud of their heritage. In addition to a specially commissioned trophy, the Award includes a sum of $50,000 which is given to a charity of the recipient’s choice. As the fourth recipient of the Award, Deepak Chopra joins a select company of previous winners: Sam Pitroda ~ pioneer of India’s telecom revolution, Tulsi Tanti ~ trailblazer in the deployment of wind power & Ratan Tata ~ India’s most respected industrialist and philanthropist. “By his words & deeds Mr. Chopra exemplifies those qualities of the Global Indian Award recipient”, said Rahul Shastri, National Convenor of CIF.
- Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012
- Location: Allstream Centre, 105 Princes' Blvd. (Exhibition Place) Toronto, Ontario M6K 3C3
- Award Recipient: Dr. Deepak Chopra »
- Tickets: Buy Here »
- Sponsorship Opportunity: Download presentation for details »
- Questions? Contact CIF Executive Director, Kalyan Sundaram, +1 (289) 291-0277
Principal Sponsor - Vasu Chanchlani
ONLINE MEDIA SPONSOR